24 hours from now The Journey Home South will release walkers to begin the walk. I can’t believe it is actually here!
6 months of work, planning and dreaming with our partners. Telling stories. Thinking through what we want to see happen tomorrow. Praying that all we do is truly for the greater purpose.
This has been a journey of sorts for all of us who engage our neighbors on the streets every day. Our knowledge and understanding takes us part of the way, but it is the relationships that truly bring us Home.
I have met people in the last 6 years I never would have had the chance to know. I am truly a better and stronger person because of them. Partners, volunteers, guests…each one speaking truth into my life in ways I could not hear it before.
I understand more than ever the beauty of collaboration. Severe Weather Shelter Network could never do what we do without our partners. Each one provides a different facet of the whole. I couldn’t be more honored to have the opportunity to do this event together. None of us have the capacity on our own to do this type of community event. But together…You bet! We collaborated together in a new way and I am very excited to experience the end results!
What a celebration!
What is our purpose tomorrow?
- Help our broader community understand the realities of life on the streets by visiting the Camp exhibit and visiting with those “living” there.
- Connect community members to organizations that have a direct impact in the lives of people experiencing homelessness
- Provide financial support to the 5 organizations benefitting from these walks:
- Severe Weather Shelter Network
- Giving Heart Englewood
- HAAT Force South Metro
- Mean Street Ministry
- Living Well Shower Trailer
You have been introduced to each of these partners over the last 6 weeks. You have seen a glimpse of what they do and have perhaps a better understanding of how we all partner together.
Now it is your turn to partner with all of us!
The Journey Home South is happening tomorrow! The weather is going to be perfect for a morning walk.
- Walker registration and check in will be available beginning at 8 am
- The Walk itself will begin at 9am
- The event will conclude by 1pm
It is not to late to pre-register or give your financial gift. You can still do that today….and tomorrow!
Then…plan to join us tomorrow morning at:
Centennial Park Englewood
4630 S Decatur St, Englewood CO 80113
Park in the north lot just off of Federal on Decatur. When that lot fills up there is a second lot on Union just east of Federal.
Our partners and I can hardly wait to meet and welcome you! See you in the morning.
Lynn Ann Huizingh