Position: Regional Assistant
Supervisor: Regional Coordinator
Number of hours: Part Time 20 hours per week – Seasonal September 22nd through April 30th
Hourly Rate: $15.00
Summary of duties:
This position has primary responsibility for oversight, and implementation of the assigned regional Emergency Voucher Distribution Site, volunteer coordination, and shelter day assignments at motels or partner locations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: issuing motel vouchers, coordinating volunteers, arranging for guest transportation to motels, record keeping, and visiting partner locations or motels for specific assignments.
Faithfulness in prayer/Ministry Discipleship:
- Develop, implement and maintain a culture of equipping and empowered
- Discipleship within the ministry leadership and structure that includes: Prayer, reflection on Scripture, loving accountability for spiritual growth and release to do and be the disciples Jesus has called us to be
- Extend, grow, and practice Faithfulness, grace, and relationship with our guests, employees, and partners.
Leadership development and ministry relationships:
- Equip, empower, coordinate, and resource volunteers to execute shelter tasks such as food coordination, and voucher site organization.
- Communicate with the Regional Coordinator, volunteers, motel staff, and partners, and other SWSN staff as needed and directed.
- Keep Regional Coordinator informed regarding volunteer and supply needs o Register guests on location at various partner locations o Data entry and record management in HMIS, One Home, VISPDAT, DonorView, and other spreadsheets as needed.
- Assist with obtaining and providing information or materials for guest needs such as outreach, referrals, food, transportation, and other special requests
- Motel visits to check on the condition of the motel room and our guests well being, and facilitate motel room trash clean up efforts.
- Run the voucher site on severe weather voucher days
- Transport all day site materials to the site and set up
- Issue both medical and non-medical hotel vouchers and record in appropriate systems
- Communicate with Stride as needed about voucher capacity and guests
- Arrange transportation via Taxi for medical voucher guests
- Distribute bus tickets to non medical voucher guests that are going to a motel outside of walking distance
- Responsible for tear down, cleaning and transport of day site supplies (when required)
- Ensure you have all the supplies needed to run the next voucher day
Education and Experience:
- Experienced an understood call from our Lord to serve in the role and is committed to personal growth and professional development to serve with excellence
- A working understanding of communications, and supervision
- General computer skills and familiar with Google Docs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some holidays
- Committed to lifelong learning as a value and a practical application to all work situations
Physical and mental requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds; Agility to get up and down from the floor
- Alert, organized, problem-solving, conflict resolution, creativity, reasoning, public speaking, good judgment, discernment, relational
Spiritual character exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit:
- Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, goodness and self-control
Spiritual practices incorporated into life:
- Prayer, Bible study and meditation, work/rest balance, spiritual accountability partners/group